Benefits of FSSAI Licence Registration
Apart from the fact that FSSAI registration is mandatory for your food business, getting it also comes with some benefits:
- It creates trust and credibility among your customers
- The FSSAI logo is widely recognised and hence it can ensure goodwill among consumers
- Hygiene and cleanliness are regulated and followed when FSSAI registration is involved
- You can create better work policies or improve them through studies that you get access to
- New knowledge about the industry is shared with you which will help you to improve your safety standards and aid you in reaching the standards of international organisations
- An food license is important for importing and exporting food products
- FoSCoS FSSAI is mandatory when you sell food products online
- FSSAI is also responsible for setting guidelines and procedures for quality assurance of the accredited labs as per ISO17025.
Who Is Required to Apply for FoSCoS FSSAI License?
From hawkers, home vendors to giant food chains everyone operating in the food industry needs to register with FoSCoS FSSAI Irrespective of whether you are operating online or offline, or whether you are a local player or into the import or export of food products, you need to register with FSSAI. Based on their size and the places they operate, they have to get one of the 3 types of registration/licence that are discussed below.
If your business falls in any one of the below-listed categories, then a food license is mandatory for you:
In other words, an individual or a company that operates with food substances from farm to plate must obtain the FSSAI food license.
Penalty For Not Obtaining FoSCoS registration
A food business operator (FBO) who runs their business without registering under FSSAI may face imprisonment and an FSSAI license penalty of up to ₹5 lakhs for the same.