Cheque Bounce Notice

Cheques are used by everyone in India as means of transferring money easily. However, if you receive a cheque from a debtor that has been dishonored or bounced, if someone has issued a notice for a cheque bounce against you, or if you have been given a court summons for a 138 Negotiable Instruments Act (NIA) complaint against you, you need to hire a cheque bounce lawyer. Read this article to understand why cheque bouncing occurs and why you should hire a cheque bounce lawyer.

Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 deals with dishonour of cheque due to insufficiency of funds in the account.

A complaint for dishonour of cheque under Section 138 of the Act can be filed in the court situated at a place where the bank of the payee is located. It is a punishable offence with a fine which can extend to twice the amount of the cheque or imprisonment for a term not more than two years or both.